North Wind Renewable Energy officially kicked-off our Community Solar Group Buy (CSGB) program on September 1st for citizens in Portage County. The idea of this program is to make solar energy more accessible to Portage County citizens while supporting Central Rivers Farmshed (www.farmshed.org) and local charitable organizations. This group buy program lowers the cost of installing solar electric systems for participants by leveraging volume of installations and reduced sales costs for us, the contractor. The more systems that get installed, the larger the volume discount for participants and the larger the contribution to Farmshed and local charities.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- The program will run through May 31st, 2015. During the program term, North Wind will be holding short educational sessions in the community to talk about the program benefits and vision. Please contact North Wind at 715-630-6451 for upcoming meeting dates and times!
- For interested and qualified candidates, North Wind carries out a free solar site assessment to gather system design details. Site assessments must be completed by January 31st 2015 to be eligible for the CSGB incentives.
- Based on the site assessment, North Wind provides a system proposal to the participant. If the participant decides to proceed, the purchase agreement is signed with a 2.5% material discount applied immediately and installs the system.
- At that point, NWRE purchases the participant’s Farmshed membership and a $60/kW donation is made to Farmshed or a local charity chosen by, and on behalf of, the participant.
- At the end of the program period, North Wind provides an additional rebate to the program participants based on the total number and size of systems installed. The higher the participation, the bigger the rebate! *
ADDITIONAL rebate on top of the original 2.5% by volume: 5-9 participants = 1.25%,
10-19 = 2.5%, 20-29 = 3.75%, 30-39 = 5%, 40+ = 6.5%
*Good news! We have already reached the 2.5% rebate tier! That means if we don’t have another participant join the program from now until the end of the program term, you will see an additional rebate of at least 2.5%. But the program is catching on quite well, so we fully anticipate that rebate to grow!
HOW THE PROGRAM BENEFITS YOU
- Reduces the cost of a solar electric system for participating homeowners and businesses
- Environmental stewardship, energy security, energy independence, and reduced environmental impact from traditional fuel emissions
- Simplified, streamlined system installation, permitting, incentive application, and interconnection processes
- Free 1-year Sustaining Level membership to Central Rivers Farmshed
- Support of local causes, businesses, and organizations in your community
- You become the owner of a solar electric system that generates free, clean energy for many years!
SO, WHAT'S NEXT?
Contact North Wind today and attend one of our upcoming info meetings. If you can’t make it, contact us anytime and we can answer any questions you may have and if you'd like, schedule a site visit to gather system design details. We also encourage you to help spread the word about the Community Solar Group Buy program. Again, the higher the participation rate, the bigger the rebate! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-630-6451 for additional information.