Location: Stevens Point, WI
Status: Full Time Position
WORKING WITH US:
• We provide a path to become a co-owner of our business
• HSA, Short-term Disability Insurance
• Vacation and Sick Leave
Application Deadline: 11/30/2018 OPEN
• High school or equivalent• 1-2 years solar installation experience• 1-2 years carpentry skills
This position requires travel up to 50% of the time in Wisconsin.
1. Organization and Purpose
The PV Technician I work under the direction of the PV Field Foreperson or supervisor.
2. Scope and Impact
The PV Technician-I is responsible for assembling and installing photovoltaic (PV) systems on roof or other structures as directed, including measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules and performing electrical work as directed.
3. Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
· Installs photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards as directed.
· Applies weather sealing to array, building or support mechanisms, understands effective weather tight sealing and notifies supervisor of any deficiencies.
· Performs electrical work including pulling wire, mounting electrical boxes and running conduit on walls or attics.
· Assists in checking electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding or integrity of terminations as needed.
· Operates hand tools and power tools and equipment such as drill motors and power screwdrivers.
· Operate electrical testing equipment, Digital Multi-Meters.
· Sets up workstations from a variety of elevated positions using ladders, personnel lifts, and scaffolding.
· Works on ladders, scaffolding, or lifts.
· Drives company vehicles and operates other equipment such as forklifts and scissors lifts following safety recommendations.
· Cleans and maintains shop areas, work site, company vehicle, and storage areas
· Loads and unloads supplies and materials.
· Uses hand tools and power tools to mount solar modules, panels and/or support structures as directed.
· Follows all safety regulations and guidelines at all times and wears appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
· Reports any problems or discrepancies to the supervisor in a timely manner.
· Works schedules as determined by customer needs. Traveling and overnight stays may be required.
8. Interpersonal Skills
Must work well in a team environment.
WORKING AT NORTH WIND:
Since 2008, North Wind Renewable Energy Cooperative is a trusted designer and installer of PV solar systems for both residential and commercial customers in WI. We do business differently. We pride ourselves on the quality of our installations and our client interaction. North Wind became a worker owned and managed cooperative in early 2017 and offers a path to business ownership.